[REVIEW] BENTON Snail Bee High Content Essence

No Comments
I always heard good things from the brand 'Benton'. Like how they use high-quality ingredients in their formulation to maximize their product's effects. After reading countless reviews of their products, I rarely found any negative opinions on them (maybe besides the whole contamination shenanigan). Already trying out the company's steam cream and reviewing it here, I had to try something else that they produced. Here comes the essence!

This product is something I always saw being raved about from the Benton line and how it helps soothes the skin from inflammation, redness, and all that good stuff. I have another product that claims to do something like this, but I wanted to see if this was any better. When I received the Benton essence, I thought: Why the hell is this so small? This is almost half the size of the COSRX snail essence, but costs more than it. I hoped this product was good enough for its price and had amazing ingredients compacted in this small bottle that can fix my skin.


The essence itself has no scent to it and is clear colored. When applied to the face, there is no noticeable fragrance as well. The bottle has a small pump and I use about two to three pumps to cover my entire face.  I find this product a bit more moisturizing than the COSRX snail essence due to it being a bit more watery. After applying this, I rub on my main moisturizer from Benton and find that they are a good duo. This essence helped boost my skin with moisture and to prepare for the rest of my routine.
___________________________
Directions 
After cleansing and toning, pump BENTON Snail Bee High Content Essence on the hand. Use fingertips to gently tap the product onto skin of the face and neck until fully absorbed. Follow with the remaining products in your skin care regimen.
I would apply this essence after you watery essence/serums/emulsions since this product does sort of have a watery gel texture. It's all about applying your products in order of consistency, lightest to heaviest.
___________________________
Duration of use: 

January 7, 2016 ~ August 3, 2016
___________________________
Ingredients
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arbutin, Zenthoxylum Peperitum Fruit Extract, Uanea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Bee Venom, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Extract, Althaea rosea flower extract, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Bacillus Ferment, Azelaic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Beta-Glucan, Adenosine, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Human Oligopeptide-1, Allantoin, Arginine, Panethnol

There are no artificial preservatives, fragrances, and colors in this formulation, making it safe for those with sensitive skin to use.

Snail Secretion Filtrate - One of the most popular in skin care lately, snail secretion, is here to heal us of our sins. It has anti-aging and skin repairing properties that can improve the overall texture and skin tone of your face. Like if you have acne scars from picking pimples, or redness from being kicked in the face, snails can help you! Source

Arbutin - A proven safe skin lightening agent available for the treatment of hyperpigmentation. Source 

Bee Venom - A cosmetic ingredient which provides anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-bacterial benefits to the skin. A popular conception of how bee venom functions is that its peptides in the ingredient 'damages' your skin in order to trick it to into thinking wounds were created so that the collagen production can promote healing, similar to the functions of dermarolling. Source 


Adenosine - Adenosine is known to have amazing anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties (source). Another study was used with this ingredient to evaluate its anti-aging abilities. It proved that adenosine was able to improve the smoothness of the skin and reduce wrinkles.
___________________________
Scent
There is none.
___________________________
pH Level
6
_____________________________

Thoughts
Overall, I really liked this product and found that it was more moisturizing than the other essences I have used. The whole formulation of this product is extremely clean and promising for those with sensitive skin, like me. But if you were to hold me at gunpoint and told me to choose between this essence or the one made by COSRX (here), I'd choose COSRX's over Benton's. Benton does what it claims when they say this essence can heal acne, reduce acne scars, brighten the skin tone, and hydrate the skin. But COSRX's version can do just that while being much bigger (100ml) and cheaper (thank god). One thing I find that Benton's product can do better is hydrating the skin more, but in the end, I usually slather my face with steam cream so there's no difference for me when I finish my routine.

This isn't a product that I found worked wonders (?) for me after a day's use. I used this essence for about two months until it ran out and saw the effects it gave me. Perhaps it was the combined effects this product and my vitamin C serum. But I am only stating my opinion of the different results I have faced using two different snail-ful essences. In the end, this is a solid product and don't hope a miracle to happen after a day or a week of using it. 
___________________________
ProsCons
- Very hydrating- Small size (an essence for ants?)
- Reduces inflammation and redness- a tad pricey (just a tad)
- Fades acne scars
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$20.00Korea
JolseUNAVAILABLEUNAVAILABLE

See ya!
___________________________

                      

back to top