[REVIEW] CosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

No Comments
Review of CosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

"Real Power Essence raising the innate strength of the skin. Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is created from nutritious, low-stimulation filtered snail mucin and other great ingredients, in order to improve damaged skin. The filtered snail mucin contained in Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence penetrates under the skin into the invisible, working against damaged skin. This 96%-concentrate ingredient keeps your skin moist all day and finds your lost skin vitality."       - CosRX


After hearing all the rave about this product, I finally decided to get it. Many reviews state that it helped reduce their redness and helped even out their skin tone, which is definitely something that I need at this moment.  

I honestly forgot where I bought this online after buying so many skincare products in July. My best guess is that I ordered this from Jolse since I always order from there. On Jolse, this product costs $16.89 for 100ml, with free international shipping.
___________________________
Directions :
"1. On the forehead and the nose, lightly touch so as not to cause heaviness. 

2. On the cheeks, spread a generous amount and rub enough to soak into the skin. 

3. For under eye area, tap as if playing the piano, to make the skin absorb the essence."
___________________________
Duration of use :
July 31, 2015 - December 2, 2015
___________________________
Application :
Since 96% of the product is 'snail secretion filtrate', you can guess that the essence is pretty gooey and that it has a texture that's more solid than water. When dispensing the product onto a cotton pad, I find that I only need to pump the container once since the essence is easy to spread around my whole face. I also noticed how stringy the essence is-- like what you'd expect of snail mucin. When applied onto the skin, it's easily absorbed and stops feeling sticky after a minute or so.
___________________________
Ingredients :
Source : Jolse
- some deeper explanation of a few ingredients -

Snail Secretion Filtrate (96%), Betaine, Butylene Glycol,1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol


Analysis of ingredients can be found here.


The use of minimal ingredients in this formula is perfect for people who are acne prone due to the unlimited amounts of potential irritants and comedogenic ingredients. According to the analysis of the ingredients, butylene glycol and carbomer are the only possible irritants in the formula.


Snail secretion filtrate (96%) - Snail secretion filtrate is known for its anti-aging and skin repairing properties that improves the overall texture and skin tone of the face, it makes up 96% of this product. Source


Betaine - Also known as Trimethylglycine, Betaine is an amino acid which functions as a humectant in order to retain moisture.

Carbomer : often used to stabilize the consistency and create a gel-like texture.
___________________________
Scent :
There's no scent that I can detect.
___________________________
pH Level : 6.90 (according to WishTrend)
___________________________
Moisture Test :
Before application :
 31.5%

After application :
48.9%
___________________________
Thoughts :
What I love about this product is that it contains 96% snail mucin. Also, it doesn't break me out. This is the second snail product that I have ever used and it’s nice to know that I was able to implement a snail product into my routine without causing any issues to my face. Due to the 96% snail secretion filtrate contained in this product, I hoped that it would help repair my damaged skin, help fade my redness, and fade any lines on my face. I also apply this product on to my eye area to see if it is able to fade any fine lines, which it wasn't able to. The stringiness of the product emphasizes its ‘96% snail mucin’ claim. I love it.


What I don't like about this product is that the only benefit I've gotten is that my skin is more moisturized. Unlike other bloggers, I haven't been seeing this product give me a 'glow', fade my PIH/redness, or fade the fine lines on my eye area. I can't say if it did anything about the fine lines on other parts of my face because I may be too young to develop those. After I get over a break out, I apply this product in hopes of fading my scars faster, but that does not seem to be working.

I will be continuing to use this product until it's empty, but I'm not sure if I’m going to repurchase it. It may be repairing my skin without me noticing any differences, especially with the wrinkles. This product is one of two snail products in my routine, so I think I should continue to use products that contain snail mucin in them for future benefits. But as of now, at my age, I don't see any benefits besides it being moisturizing. I believe this product would be better for those who are in need of anti-aging products, than those with troubled skin looking to reduce their redness and fade scars.
___________________________
ProsCons
- Hygienic packaging- may leave sticky residue for some users
- No fragrance, colorants, alcohol, etc- relatively high pH level
- moisturizing- doesn't reduce redness or 'wrinkles' significantly

Overall Score
Application                        9
Ingredients                         9
8.8
Scent                                 10
Packaging                        10
Effectiveness                    6      
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocation
Amazon$16.97
Jolse$16.89Korea
___________________________
Repurchase : Undecided


Complete My Seoul

                      


back to top