[REVIEW] COSRX CENTELLA BLEMISH CREAM

No Comments
Review of 'CosRX's' Centella Blemish Cream
"Centella Blemish Cream heals blemishes and acne scars quickly. An advanced formula that's clinically proven to reduce acne while minimizing the appearance of scars." - COSRX 

Here is another review of a CosRX product that I have bought recently. A while ago, I interviewed CosRX's Marketing Team Assistant Manager on the brand which you can find here

I purchased this product from Jolse out of curiosity since there weren't any reviews about the product yet. I never used a product that contained 'centella asiatica' extract before, so this will be my first time using it. The ingredient is widely known for its antibacterial and wound healing properties, which can make it popular for those suffering from acne or for those who desire an anti-aging product. Centella asiatica is an effective natural ingredient in treating anti-aging by providing improvements to collagen support and providing a moisture barrier.
___________________________
Duration of Use :

July 27, 2015 ~ August 11, 2015
___________________________
Directions :
Here are instructions on how to use the product from the WishTrend website :
"1) After cleansing, prep the skin with toner & serum, then apply an adequate amount of the Centella Blemish Cream to areas of dryness, blemishes, and/or acne prone areas and spread out evenly to assist absorption. 
2) Use as a cream for day & night and enjoy clean, clear skin!"

- It says use it as a spot treatment, but sometimes I'd like to cover my whole face with this product right after using a moisturizer to help relieve my troubled skin. It doesn't make my face greasy at all, which is a bonus for my oily skin.
___________________________
Application :
The texture is very soft and creamy. When I rub the cream on my face, I find that it does not leave a greasy feeling on my skin. It mattifies it. I have very oily skin and I this product isn't heavy at all when used as a moisturizer. I would continue to use this as a moisturizer instead of a spot treatment if it was cheaper. The price is pretty high for the amount of product inside.


___________________________
Ingredients :
Centella Asiatica Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Betaine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Viola Tricolor Extract, Elaeis Guineensis(Palm) oil, Elaeis Guineensis(Palm) Kernel Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Zinc PCA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract

Analysis of ingredients can be found here.

Centella Asiatica Leaf WaterApproximately 51% of Centella water is used instead of purified water in this cream. The ingredient is extracted from the Centella asiatica herb, which is traditionally used to treat damaged skin, which is proven to speed the process of healing damaged skin and to fade scars. Since the herb is antibacterial and contains wound-healing properties, it is perfect for those who are suffering from acne and/or acne scars.

Cetearyl AlcoholAnother fatty alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol assists in keeping ingredients intact in the formulation.
___________________________
Scent : 
There has a 'plant' or 'herb' smell to the cream which is very faint in my opinion. The scent isn't something I would be worrying about breaking me out.
___________________________
pH Level : 7
___________________________
Moisture Test :
Before application :
 30.9%

After application :
45.3%
___________________________
Thoughts :
This product has done absolutely amazing things to my acne and cysts after just one day of using it. When I first got it, I patch tested it during my nighttime skincare routine on the upper half of my face where it contained a few cysts. When I woke up the next morning, my cysts completely deflated. I saw results in just one night. Amazing. I followed up with my morning routine. As I was cleansing my face, it felt extremely smooth and soft after a while of having bumpy skin with acne problems. Everything on the upper half of my face disappeared and cleared up. This product is more effective than all my prescription acne treatments which only dried out my skin. This Centella cream is able to moisturize my skin and clear it up as well. Pretty impressive. 

The product claims to fade acne scars in addition to treating acne. It might be because I haven't been using it enough, but I don't see any visible differences in my acne scars. 

The price for this product is quite expensive for its amount given, which is why I see CosRX suggests to use it strictly as a spot treatment. Despite the size, the product is very effective at doing what it claims: getting rid of acne. Even though the price is higher than what I would usually spend on a skin care product, this product is definitely an exception since it was able to give me a difference in my skin in just one day. I would definitely recommend this product to those who are looking for a solution their acne and cysts!
ProsCons
- Effective of getting rid of acne and cysts- Expensive for its amount
- Hygienic container- Not as effective for reducing acne scars
- Got rid of pimples/cysts fast
- Reliable ingredients
- Very faint scent
Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocationFree Shipping?
Amazon$18.98KoreaYes
Jolse$17.60KoreaYes

Overall Score
Application                         10
Ingredients                          8
9.2
Scent                                  10
Packaging                          10
Effectiveness                    8
Repurchase?  Yes


Complete My Seoul

                      




back to top