[REVIEW] INNISFREE SUPER VOLCANIC PORE CLAY MASK

No Comments


"This clay mask with its super volcanic cluster capsules powerfully absorbs sebum to intensively resolve pore concerns"
                                           - Innisfree

I ordered this from Jolse and it came within three weeks. I ordered this product the same time I purchased the 'The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil'. Basically, it took them five days to ship it when other websites typically take about two to three days. I will probably continue to use this site for my future purchases due to the free shipping and the amount of samples that are given.
Claims :

- Tighten pores (I can somewhat agree with this)
- Removes sebum (Any clay mask can remove sebum, but not fully prevent production of it.)
- Exfoliates dead skin cells (Not really.)
- Offers deep cleansing (This seems to be exaggeration.)
- Enhances skin tone (Again, exaggeration.)
- Provides cooling effects (True, and I love it.)
___________________________
 Directions :

"After cleansing, apply skin toner to refine skin texture and gently smooth over the entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. After 10 minutes, gentle massage using fingertips to rinse off with lukewarm water"    
                                                                                 - directions on the packaging
___________________________
Duration of use :

   7 uses.
___________________________
Application :

The consistency of the mask is like any other Korean clay mask. If you used American and Korean brand clay masks then you know the difference in consistency there is. American's masks tend to me much heavier, while the Korean's is lightweight. It has the same texture as the 'Skin Food Egg White Pore Mask'.
Because of it's lightweight, it's definitely not drying (unless used longer than supposed to). I used a small wooden spoon to scoop up the product in order to keep my bacteria filled fingers away (the product does not include a spatula).
___________________________
Ingredients :

WATER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, VOLCANIC ASH, GLYCERIN, SILICA, TREHALOSE, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, PVP, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYSORBATE 60, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, XANTHAN GUM, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, SORBITAN STEARATE, POLYACRYLATE-13, MANNITOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, LACTIC ACID, POLYISOBUTENE, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, POLYSORBATE 20, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

Titanium Dioxide : This ingredient is usually used in sunscreen which gives protection from the sun. Also, it is a whitening agent which is the reason why when you wash off the mask your skin may look 'brighter'.

Volcanic Ash : It is the small exfoliant in the clay mask. The ash contains many disinfectant qualities, and contains high levels of sulfur which helps the skin resist and destroy bacteria.

Bentonite : A ingredient that forms due to the breakdown of volcanic ash. Masks often contain this so it can be used all over the face in order to assist in normalizing oily skin. It can also help eliminate oil that blogs pores and reduce enlarged pores.

Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil : A highly comedogenic ingredient, which is best to be avoided. Any animal, vegetable, or fragrance oils are comedogenic substances.

Lactic Acid : An AHA (alpha hydroxy acid), which comes from milk or synthetically made. It exfoliates your skin in order to get rid of the dead skin cells. It is highly recommended for sensitive skin types.
___________________________
Scent :

The clay mask has a very light but a soothing scent to it. It's not mild or bothersome at all. When you put it on your face, you wouldn't be able to smell the mask unless you but a really thick layer on. In the formulation you can see that this product is actually fragrance-free, which explains it's lack of scent.
___________________________
pH Level :


pH level is around 7 to 8.
I had to make the photo smoother in order to make the colors look more visible. It was kind of hard to determine the pH level of this product because of the gray mask which was hard to remove off the strip. But I have determined that the pH is around seven to eight.
___________________________
Moisture Test :

Before


After (...15 minutes have passed)

___________________________
Thoughts :

After seeing all that hype surround this product I have been greatly disappointed with this product which was supposed to improve my skin, not wreck it. I wouldn't have thought this product could have been giving me painful cystic acne and so many closed comedomes on my face. When I had red bumps (thanks to this product), I used it as a spot treatment which actually worked very, very well. It literally shrunk my bump down and other acne that I had overnight. The thing is when I used it as a spot treatment, after a day or two the bumps would come back and bigger than before.

I bought this product hoping to reduce the size of my pores, which it was able to do ever to slightly, but was giving my breakouts worth it? Not at all. I admire the products of Innisfree a lot, but this product gave me a horrible experience. 

All I can do is rant about this product. I can't give any deeper analysis of this mask because I'm just so frustrated with the mess it left me with. 
___________________________

ProsCons
- Easy to Use- Ingredients may cause clogged pores
- able to minimize pores after continual use- Caused breakouts
- non-drying- Doesn't unclog pores completely
- has cooling effect- Unhygienic container
- able to exfoliate the face

Where to buy?
ShopPriceLocationFree Shipping?
Jolse$15.98KoreaYes
Amazon$13.98KoreaYes

Overall Score
Application                      10
Ingredients                       4
5.8/10
Scent                                 8
Packaging                        6
Effectiveness                   1

Repurchase : No

Since I know the 'Skin Food Egg White Pore Mask' is another very popular pore mask in the market, I want to see which one you may prefer! If you haven't used either before, then choose the one that you may consider to buy next.

Complete My Seoul

                      

back to top